Pages

I Know That Song: Jam Man / Baby, I'm Bad Weather



"Baby I'm Bad Weather" by Toussaint Morrison appeared on my Discover Weekly playlist and after the 20 second mark, I instantly recalled hearing that riff before, but this time it was accompanied with rap verses.

 photo Chet amp T_zps0o6yzxdq.png


Where have I heard this song before? A commercial, of course. Off to Google I go to begin my search but this time, unlike others, little information was given. It wasn't until I happened upon a site called WhoSampled.com, that I found my source. The sample that I knew is actually from another artist, Chet Atkins, a Nashville guitarist, who released his album, Almost Alone at the ripe age of 71, then went on to win a Grammy award for Best Country & Western Instrumental Performance in 1997. The title is called "Jam Man".

See if you recognize this:


 This is Toussaint Morrison's song using Chet's sample:


Did you figure out where you've heard it???

Lady Dulayne

Music junkie, Baltimore chick, Jedi mom, karaoke queen,'80s kid, hair and makeup fanatic, currently keeping up with a daily Greek yogurt habit.

1 comment:

  1. Very good blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go
    for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm totally overwhelmed ..
    Any suggestions? Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete