Pages

Songs That Made Me Cry

One Last Cry- Brian McKnight
One of my favorite breakup songs, I listened to this one after a major breakup years ago. Helps get those tears a-flowin'.

Circle of Life - The Lion King
Ok, yeah, I am silly but something about this song, I find so damn uplifting is brings me to tears. Don't know if its the African drums or lyrics or the words but it overwhelms me everytime I hear it.

How Do I Say Goodbye to Yesterday -Boy II Men
Standard. Needs to explanation, actually.

Oooh Child - Chi Lites
I first heard this on Crooklyn. I believe after the mother died of cancer. I think this has made most people cry.

Better Days - Dianne Reeves
The story of Reeves grandmother. Great '80's song.

Stranger in Moscow -Michael Jackson
Most people aren't down with this song but I came across it in my murky days as a depressive teen. Used to listen to it endlessly on my Walkman and pretend I was the loneliest girl in the world.

Everybody Hurts- REM
Self-explanatory. Just a great peice of work. Love the video too. We all have our days.

The Wind- Mariah Carey
This song I think is about someone whose blown in the wind, as in being gone from your life. I used to listen to this at night and cry for no reason at all but to just feel.

Lady Dulayne

Music junkie, Baltimore chick, Jedi mom, karaoke queen,'80s kid, hair and makeup fanatic, currently keeping up with a daily Greek yogurt habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment