Pages

SOTW: Cha Cha / D.R.A.M





Man, it was hard to find any concise info on D.R.A.M (aka Does.Real.Ass.Music), the rapper/singer from Norfolk, Virginia but after hearing and getting quickly on the hook for Cha Cha, I went looking.

There isn't much to find on Google except that this track was released as a single in March 2014 but more importantly is how this song immediately puts you in a dance party mood with its genre-splicing, two-step beats and easy hook. I was hooked the first time I heard it. But even more interesting than that is that D.R.A.M. has accused Drake of "jacking" his song and sampling it on Hotline Bling.

I've tried comparing the two myself but honestly, I don't hear it. Either way, this is a dope song which will get you out your seat. Check it out here:


And I'm not the only one who loved this song, the queen Bey herself took a liking to it when she posted a short video of her dancing to it on Instagram.

So what do you think? Do you think Drake sampled D.R.A.M.? 

Lady Dulayne

Music junkie, Baltimore chick, Jedi mom, karaoke queen,'80s kid, hair and makeup fanatic, currently keeping up with a daily Greek yogurt habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment