Pages

Protest Songs for the Moment


Fight the Power / Public Enemy

Fight the power
We've got to fight the powers that be


Freedom / Beyonce with Kendrick Lamar

Freedom
Freedom
Where are you?
'Cause I need freedom too
I break chains all by myself
Won't let my freedom rot in hell
Hey! I'ma keep running
'Cause a winner don't quit on themselves


Respect / Aretha Franklin

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Find out what it means to me



My Petition / Jill Scott

You say that I'm wrong for
Stating my opinion to you
You say that I'm wrong and there'll be quiet consequences too
But I know my rights babe
There'll be no law abridging
The freedom of my speech
Or the right for me to petition for a remedy of grievances



Fortunate Son / Creedance Clearwater Revival

Some folks are born, silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, y'all
But when the taxman comes to the door
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yeah
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no, no
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no



Redemption Song / Bob Marley and the Wailers

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery

None but our self can free our minds

Have no fear for atomic energy

'Cause none of them can stop the time
How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look?
Some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fulfill de book

Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom?
'Cause all I ever have
Redemption songs
Redemption songs
Redemption songs




Imagine / John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace



Don't Touch My Hair / Solange


They don't understand
What it means to me
Where we chose to go
Where we've been to know
They don't understand
What it means to me
Where we chose to go
Where we've been to know



What songs feeling at the moment?

Lady Dulayne

Music junkie, Baltimore chick, Jedi mom, karaoke queen,'80s kid, hair and makeup fanatic, currently keeping up with a daily Greek yogurt habit.

2 comments:

  1. Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an e-mail.
    I've got some creative ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
    Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to hit me up on the Facebook page. Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete