Pages

Do You Remember? This House by Tracie Spencer




The year was 1998. I was 10 when the youngest artist to sign with a major label, Tracie Spencer was signed and then released her debut album, prompting the cute and catchy single and video "Symptoms of True Love." I was hooked and instantly jealous. This girl had everything going on: beauty, a big voice and she was already making music at the tender age of 12! I remember that thing that struck me about her was how well she sang at such a young age.

Fast forward a few years, when her second album dropped. I remember the day I first saw the "This House" video of the now older and more mature Tracie. I was blown away! In just two years, the cute little girl had blossomed into a beautiful young woman. I was even more jealous. Not only that but but the song and whole album was good. She sounded even better!



She had a couple other singles from this album, "Tender Kisses" and "Love Me". She went on to do some modeling and even recorded a 3rd album in 1999. But soon after fell into obscurity. She did do some background vocals for Kanye West but settled into family life and has mostly stayed out of the limelight.

And for another flashback, check out her first video:




Sources: 

Lady Dulayne

Music junkie, Baltimore chick, Jedi mom, karaoke queen,'80s kid, hair and makeup fanatic, currently keeping up with a daily Greek yogurt habit.

1 comment: